Wednesday, May 15, 2013

shoe hanging... shoe trees

As a kid, I used to see sneakers on telephone lines in my neighborhood, they were a common sight, just part of my everyday urban environment.  However, I thought they were long gone, but I was totally wrong.  I came by one in the Lower Eastside of Manhattan just a few weeks ago and it brought back memories, soon after I returned to Washington from New York, I was on a rural road near Yakima and saw a tree adorned with sneakers.  Now this was new to me, I've never seen that.  I looked it up and there are apparently rules to shoehanging.   I suppose the shoe tree is the rural equavalent to the hanging shoes on telephone lines.

Here are the rules to shoe hanging/tossing/flipping according to Roadside America.

Aaaand here are photos 155 and 156:



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment